The Greatness of India – International Conference
Date: 03 & 04 Feb, 2018
Venue: Venkatakrishna Auditorium,
Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya Campus,
Coimbatore – 20.
Objectives of the Conference:
- To safeguard and sustain the scientific and intellectual art practices that are now practiced sporadically and in isolation in villages, among the tribal communities and in gurukulams.
- To bring out the nuances of these scientific art practices and to showcase them to the world at large and to prioritize such efforts.
- To bring out the intellectual calibre of the ancient Indian Rishis, Siddhars and Saints.
- To bring out the Scientific and Intellectual slant of these Art practices; to bring out the Spiritual nuances; to encourage the application of these Arts in everyday meaningful lifestyle.
- To infuse the core aspects of these Art practices into the curriculam in the systematized Educational stream and encourage the studies on Indian Scientific and intellectual thought process.
- To recommend the Government to modify the curriculam so as to combine the ancient educational approaches along with the existing modern educational system in order to develop and uplift the Indian society in economic wellbeing and spiritual aspects.
Department of Tamil and The Thrust Area of Conference
As Vedas have adorned the Sanskrit language in the Northern parts of India, so too in Tamil Language the Tantric concepts were collected and recorded by Siddhars through ancient Siddhar Writings. The traces of the sophisticated scientific and intellectual Art practices used by the anscestors long ago are available even now in Tamil literature and writings.
Thrust area: These ancient scientific and intellectual Art Practices are to brought out and to be transformed into everyday Art practices in the lives of the people in modern times.
The Department of Tamil, Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, TamilNadu, India has embarked upon the conduct of the International Conference on THE GREATNESS OF INDIA focusing on the Sophisticated Science and Intellectual Art Practices of India